WatchBot is a FICS bot (automated program running on the chess server), which saves interesting games played there for future reference. It's main purpose is to preserve comments (whispers/kibitzes) made by the players and observers during the game.
- Game search
- Search and replay games saved by WatchBot - find games played by given player, or perform more detailed search.
- Usage instruction
- How to use WatchBot - minimal instruction.
- Command list
- The list of commands handled by WatchBot - detailed help for FICS tells interface.
- Help funding this project
- If you like WatchBot, consider supporting this project, it costs some money to keep it running. Also - some details about WatchBot hosting.
- WatchBot support info - known bugs, frequent problems, where to ask for help.
- Replay configuration
- Configure the WatchBot game screen.
- WatchBot statistics
- Games with most...
- Publishing WatchBot games
- How to publish WatchBot game on external blog or website.
There are also some WatchBot-related articles on my blog. In particular, see:
- WatchBot news
- Some project news and articles. Subscribe to be notified about new WatchBot features.
- How to write a FICS bot
- Cycle of articles about FICS bot programming. Read it also if you are curious how does WatchBot look like internally.
Recent WatchBot-related blog articles:
On those pages I use some third party resources: LT-PGN Viewer (edited a bit to remove the functions I did not need and to use different graphics format), chess pieces by Maurizio Monge and from openclipart library, and unobtrusive date picker. Great thanks to the authors of those valuable tools!